Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How much non-clinical opportunity is out there for physicians?
A. More than you can imagine. Our 40+ faculty will be providing information on dozens of non-clinical career paths. Your biggest challenge will likely be deciding which of many possible roads to follow.
Q. Will work from home positions be discussed?
A. Yes, many of the fields covered offer remote based opportunities. In fact, many of our faculty work remotely.
Q. Do attendees find jobs at the conference?
A. Yes! We will once again be inviting recruiters and employers to the conference. Our recruiters and employers traditionally conduct hundreds of interviews onsite and hire many of our physician attendees. Last year industries represented included pharma, consulting, insurance, education, independent review and others. Additionally, attendees find jobs through their networking at the conference.
Q. How does the free mentoring/networking work?
A. Attendees have the opportunity to sign up for 15 minute 1-1 mentoring sessions with our large and diverse panel of mentors. You will have numerous opportunities to network with faculty and fellow attendees during the conference.
Q. What is the age of your typical attendee and why do they come to the conference?
A. It runs the full range. Each year we have 375+ attendees and this will include interns, residents and physicians in their 70s. Our attendees come for many reasons including wanting to make more money, have more control over their schedule, looking for new challenges, a physical disability that prevents them from practicing medicine, or simply no longer enjoying the practice of medicine.
Q. Are there opportunities for physicians without Boards, Residency or even a US License?
A. Yes. Many of the fields discussed have positions that do not require current Boards.
Q. How many of the main conference attendees attend one or more of the preconferences?
A. Over 50%, as the information contained in the preconferences is not covered in the main conference.
Q. Do other physicians feel the same way as me?
A. Yes. Over 2,500 of your colleagues have attended our non-clinical careers training programs. You are far from alone.
Q. I’m “just” a primary care physician, didn’t go to an Ivy League College and don’t have an MBA. What’s out there for me?
A. A lot. One of the main things you will learn is how to not sell yourself short and how to leverage the tremendous skills, expertise and core competencies that you have.
Q. I am concerned about confidentiality, do you keep my name confidential?
If you are a physician who would like to explore the numerous non-clinical opportunities open to you, this is the conference for you.
This course is designed for physicians who:
• Don’t enjoy going to work every day
• Are interested in making more money than clinical medicine provides
• Are ready for new challenges
• Want to explore their options
• Are frustrated and dissatisfied with their current career
• Want to learn how to locate and land lucrative non-clinical positions
• Are looking for additional income/challenges
• Would like to eliminate the stress and time commitments of their current career and spend more time with their families
• Are looking to jump start their career transition
• Are deciding whether to change careers
• Need a jumping off point on their career transition
Benefits of SEAK’s Non-Clinical Careers Conference:
• Find out what’s out there, how to get it and how much it pays
• One-on-one mentoring
• Meet with employers and recruiters
• See with your own eyes that switching to a non-clinical career has more financial potential than clinical medicine and is in fact a step forward, not a step backwards
• Learn from numerous doctors who have successfully made the switch and hear how it is done
• Become empowered by knowing that you are far from alone in your desire for change
• Network with faculty, speakers, mentors, recruiters and fellow attendees
• Get your process of career change moving into high gear
• Form a customized action plan to position yourself for and successfully make your career transition
Previous Conference Highlight Video
SEAK, Inc. (www.seak.com), founded in 1980, is an ACCME accredited continuing education and publishing firm. We have trained thousands of physicians across the United States. We pride ourselves on the quality of our educational programs and encourage attendees to talk to other physicians who have taken SEAK courses in the past